Memorial Day Beverages
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
Place sugar and 1 cup of the blueberries in a blender and puree. Place the lemon juice, lime juice and water in a pitcher and strain the pureed blueberries through a medium mesh sieve into the pitcher. Stir well and add the remaining blueberries to the pitcher for garnish. Add more sugar if this blend is too tart.
Andrea’s Amazing Sangria
- 1 Gallon Jug of Sangria Wine (if you can’t find Sangria wine, a dry red wine would work)
- 1/5 bottle of brandy (750ml)
- 1 Quart Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Quart Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Splash Sparkling Water
A combination of some or all of the following fruits:
- Apple (diced)
- Pear (diced)
- Peach (diced)
- Strawberries (diced)
- Grapes (halved or quartered)
Combine all of the prepared fruits in a container and add a combination of sangria wine and brandy (about 2/3 to 1/3) to cover the fruit. Soak for several hours or overnight.
Combine all other ingredients in a large container to make the sangria.
When ready to serve, fill a pitcher with ice and pour the sangria mixture in. Add some of the fruit (may also add lemon and/or lime wheels at this time).
Serve in a glass filled with ice and top with some of the fruit mixture.