Slow Cooked Porkloin and Sauerkraut
(Click Slow Cooked Porkloin and Sauerkraut to download a PDF of this recipe) This is a recipe my mom used to make in the oven, but it is just as easy to put it in the crockpot in the morning so you come home to the amazing fragrance of the sauerkraut, onions, pork and veggies. My mouth is watering just typing about it!
- 2-lb. bag Bavarian-style sauerkraut (I love this with caraway seeds!)
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 6 red potatoes cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 juniper berries (optional)
- one 2-lb pork loin roast (or 2 smaller roasts)
Serve this with rye bread and a salad of spring greens with pecans and mandarin oranges and balsamic vinaigrette (just like our mesclun salad!).